Mother. Daughter.

February 20, 2008

Mother newborn baby sleeping photograph

newborn baby doll bed asleep

Baby Mikaela is definitely the princess of the house with 3 adoring older brothers and Daddy and her gorgeous Mama who has patiently waited for her! © carrie sandoval

11 Responses to “Mother. Daughter.”

1. This image is completely stunning. You couldn’t have captured mommy and baby more perfectly.

2. Rochelle says:

Carrie~ This is such a beautiful shot!! These are both amazing! 🙂
    GREAT JOB!

3. Heather says:

oooh! I want that bed! Gorgeous shots as usual! 🙂

4. Jess says:

Simply stunning. The shot of the mother and baby is PERFECT!! wow….

5. alicia says:

I just love how you style the mommies and babies together.

6. G’da’y Carrie from Perth, Western Australia! I’ve never commented before, but you’re pictures are awesome and inspiring! I’ve been wanting to ask you about lighting, because I think I read somewhere that it’s all natural lighting, and not studio? Could I ask you what lens you are using, ISO and apeture? Also how do you get the babies to tuck thier legs under so well? And how do you get them asleep? Do you always photograph when they are in the first few weeks, or do you go older? So many questions! You are a great photographer and I love keeping up with what you are doing.
    Regards, Krystal

7. OMG, soooo cute!! I love that little baby bed! Beautiful work!

8. Carrie says:

Thank you everyone for the kind words!
    Krystal, sorry about the delay as I switched my site and blog to a new server. Had a bit of down time! Yes… I use all natural light. This was shot with a Nikon D3, 50mm 1.4 lens and here are my settings:
    ISO 800
    f/ 3.2 @ 1/320
    Lol, the rest of the questions, I could write a book about. Which is exactly what we (Britt and I) are doing! The #1 key though, is keeping the room warm! Thanks so much. To read more about the book, visit: http://barebaby.typepad.com/

9. Kristina says:

Carrie,
    I am in love with that little bed. I was wondering if you would mind sharing your source. I am going to be taking pictures of my best friends baby soon and I would love to incorporate something like that. Thanks, Kristina

10. Carrie says:

Kristina,
    I’m always on the look out for fun stuff! I bought this at a local barn sale, where they “shabby chic” up garage sale items or antiques. This was labeled as a “dog bed”.