I am super excited about these “sessions”. As I have said before, I just love sketching ideas for newborns before a session. More often than not, the ideas go un-attempted because my little subjects (and the parents!) are spent after a full session involving blanket, backdrop, grouping and setting changes. My ideas may or may not (I don’t know because I haven’t tried them yet!) be more time consuming and risky (as in waking baby and starting all over, not as in putting them in danger!). So, the artist in me *really* wants to put these ideas in motion so I’ve decided to call out for willing subjects!
These casting call sessions will:
• Be free of charge (however, prints may be purchased at regular rates).
• Be goaled towards capturing a single image / pose (but if time and patience permits, additional poses and images may be attempted).
• Require a model release (most likely the image will be published).
• Be held at either Carrie’s studio or outdoor location of Carrie’s preference.
The current casting calls are for:
• Dark skinned newborns.
• Newborn triplets, either one week of age or within one week of age of coming home from the nicu (preferably with minimal time spent in the nicu).
ETA: I would like to thank all of you for the interest and kind words. And I am happy to have inspired other photographers to do similar casting calls as I am sure you have your own ideas. Just remember, use your own words! We couldn’t possibly have the same ideas 🙂