San Diego baby photographer

San Diego baby photographer

(Naps make happy babies!)

San Diego child photographer

Every time I do this (photograph my girl while sleeping), I think it will be the last time she lets me. Thank you, Lily. Thank you. She’ll be 2 in a couple of weeks.

Share and Enjoy:
  • Facebook
  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • Mixx
  • Google Bookmarks
  • RSS
  • StumbleUpon
  • Twitter
  • Yahoo! Buzz

30 Responses to “Savoring the last bits of baby-hood.”

1. kathy says:

gawwwd, her eyes.. she’s soo beautiful Carrie.

2. She is just beyond gorgeous. Lily is growing up, but every time she sleeps like this for pictures it’s like going back in time to when she was a tiny little newborn. These images will be so treasured :)

3. gdove says:

how do you get a 2 year old to do this…. My baby just turned two this past weekend, and I’m lucky i got a picture of him with the cake. thank you for sharing!!!

4. Pammy says:

Carrie, she is so beautiful. Can’t believe she’s going to be 2

5. Rochelle says:

:) God has so blessed you with beautiful babies! She’s got perfect little blondish hair, a georgous creamy skin color, eyelashes to die for and a sweet little grin! :) GOOD JOB MOMMY! (and daddy… I guess he helped a little huh?)

6. I can’t believe she’s almost two. She just lovely, Carrie.

7. Jessica says:

Stunning…what sweet treasures you have there. I love the eyelash shot!

8. Julie says:

She is a doll :) Thanks for sharing Carrie!

9. j.ro says:

I just subscribed to your blog and am absolutely loving it. Thanks for the constant inspiration. Your little girl is beautiful. I am looking for a good macro lens, what did you use for the lashes?

10. Carrie says:

Thanks so much everyone! J.ro – I used the 5D + 100mm 2.8 macro for the eyelashes. My main camera is the Nikon D3, but I keep a Canon around just so I can use this lens… I love it!

11. Graciete says:

Dearest Carrie,

I discovered your artistry by shere coincidence around the time Lily was born and have always been so enchanted with the glimpses of her growth that you and the very talented Ms Brittany Woodall have shared with your readers.

As a mother of a little girl who is six but still my ‘baby’, it’s always so bittersweet to watch them grow… Thank heavens they do though – it means they’re healthy and have so much more to look forward to…

Wishing you and your family all the best, and a very Happy Birthday to your precious Lily.

12. alicia says:

Lily is such a little beauty and it has been amazing getting to watch her grow ;)

13. Noelle says:

I LOOOOVE these! she is absolutely adorable, her eyes are amazing! And her little teeth! so cute, my son is almost 19 months now, and baby hood is escaping much too fast! Its wild how quickly they grow!

14. nadia says:

I found your blog incidentally, and it is a true revelation for me, your photos are absolutely extraordinary, it is marvellous the manner you capture these so precious instants. I would love sooooo learning the photography with somebody as you. You are an really big ARTIST. Give you lessons or organize you class to learned photography ??? thanks, you make my day !!!!!

15. j.ro says:

carrie, thanks so much for your reply. i was just looking at the 100! i’m glad your recommend it. It’ll be the one I save for next :o )

16. Stacy says:

NO WAY, 2 already! Where has the time gone! She’s getting so big and is a beautiful little girl. Thank you for sharing her with all of us. The eyelash shot is beyond beautiful!

17. Donna says:

stunning shots dear, especially the eyelash one. they grow so quick, it still feels like i gave birth just a year or so ago but my daughter is 7 now! its a good job i am pregnant again so i can savour it and hopefully capture shots half as good as yours!

18. Vanessa says:

She is beautiful Carrie… love how you have captured her… so soft and angelic :o ) Love your work… you are inspiring!!

19. Molly says:

These are beautiful – your little one is a stunner, and what beautiful lashes!

Here’s to hoping she grows up to love the camera so you never have to stop taking pictures!

20. Patrina says:

oh no! don’t say that, carrie! babyhood – gone?
    happy early birthday sweet lily! we love you!!!

21. Tory says:

WOW – Carrie….Two really?! Seems like just the other day mine was a little two week old & you were pregnant :) My time flies huh?!

22. liz says:

how very sweet!

23. Danna says:

awwww look how big she is, it is so not fair that they grow up so fast. Beautiful images.

24. Rebecca says:

She’s growing up so fast … but still has so much “baby” left in her to treasure. You’re one lucky mama (and one rockin’ photographer – that lashes shot is to die for!).

25. Jenilee says:

Wow, first I have to say you are AMAZING! You images are breath taking!!!
    How are you able to photograph your daughter sleeping nude? My daughter turns two this Saturday and I think she’d either wet the bed or not like sleeping nude. I’ve been wanting to try something similar but not quite sure how to make it work.

26. Krysten says:

Simply amazing photography, Carrie. I stalk your blog because you’re such an inspiration to me. Your daughter is so gorgeous!! :)

27. Chris Paxman says:

I LOVE the image captioned “Naps make happy babies”
    very sharp!
    Just blog-hoppin and came across your site.

28. Melanie says:

Love these! THanks for the inspiration I so totally needed that!

29. Jenny says:

I want to hug her she is soooo gorgeous. I know how you feel. If we could just keep them little…

30. Sandy says:

Your images are absolutely breathtaking!! :) It does make me a tiny bit sad how quickly they grow up….