Huh? Today is my sister and brother-in-laws 7th wedding anniversary. And now, it is also the birth date of their twin babies! What a way to ring in the seven year itch, right? I would say that I have anxiously awaited this day for 7.5 months now… but it more like *years*. Elizabeth “Libby” Kay (4lbs 13oz) and Ian Blaise (5lbs1oz) were born at 9:31 and 9:32 this morning. Libby is doing fabulous, as is Ian… but is being watched closely in the NICU since his lungs weren’t quite as ready. I wish I could announce them with a picture, but since I haven’t yet met Ian face to face (or face to lens?), I will instead showcase “the calm before the storm”… aka… my sister and her fabulous belly! The first image was taken just 15 hours before the birth (now, don’t go blaming me!). I must thank my sister for being such a trooper and letting me try my crazy ideas out on her.

san diego maternity photographer

maternity photography

san diego maternity photographer

pregnancy photography

maternity photographer

© carrie sandoval | maternity

38 Responses to “Happy Anniversary, Donna and Blaise.”

1. Kirsten says:

Congrats! I love the maternity pics and can’t wait to see what you do with the twins!

July 28th is a great bday – it’s my 30th today! 😀

2. Rochelle says:

yayee!! Congratulations auntie! What size were they? Prayers for a quick exit from nicu… auntie carrie needs them young right!?

3. Oh my goodness. That first shot made me gasp and sigh out loud. I dont think I have ever done that before – at least out loud. Breathtaking. Simply Breathtaking.

Congratulations…your niece and nephew are so blessed to have you as their Aunt!

SN

4. Graciete says:

Congratulations to all! Love the tub shot and how amazing is your sister to venture out on to that rock ledge in the ocean? Made for a fantastic shot, eh?! 🙂

5. maya says:

congratulations! healthy babies are always good news.

love those photos, too. the underwater one – WOW!

6. carin says:

she is beautiful…
    and you are AMAZING!
    these images blow me away!!!!!

7. Melanie A says:

Congratulations, Aunt Carrie! 🙂 Can’t wait to meet them through your pictures.

8. VIVIAN FISH says:

Dearest Donna and Blaze, I can’t begin to express how happy your Uncle Jim and I am for you and Blaze. You both were blessed when you found each other and now you have two babies born on your Anniversary that express how much love you share. What a gift to give to the man you love so much. You both will make wonderful parents.

Happy Birthday to my new Great Nephew and Great Niece and Happy Anniversary to my Old Nephew and Old Niece. We wish you many year of happiness.

Donna, you are an amazing women!

9. VIVIAN FISH says:

Carrie, you are amazing. Your talent, your charm and your parenting skills are off the charts. The love you have for taking photo’s shows in every picture you take. You are a inspiration to all women.

10. Wendy says:

These are the most beautiful and creative maternity images I’ve EVER seen! Simply stunning!

11. Sheena Lintz says:

Thanks for keeping us updated. The photos are beautiful and thanks for sending along the ones of Libby yesterday. Keep us posted.

12. Amie Steele says:

Oh how fun, congrats to your sister and her hubby! The maternity images are amazing, as is all of your work….very inspiring!

13. Nancy says:

Wow, stunning images. You brought the tub and bed way out there?

14. j.ro says:

these are simply stunning! the underwater photo – amazing! i love the tub too! congrats!

15. Heather says:

no way!! these are totally cool maternity pics!

16. ashley says:

I was so waiting for some pictures!! Congrats to your sis! I cannot wait to see what you come up with for those two babies!

17. Tory says:

OH MY CARRIE…those maternity are AMAZING!! WOWZERS! That last one! Congrats to your sister & family!!

18. Kristen Cook says:

Carrie these are probably some of these best maternity images I have ever seen – that underwater shot is pure art…. I can’t even put it into words!

19. Julie says:

SO fabulous as usual Carrie! Wow, I get lazy bringing simple things like chairs and whatnot to shoots…..but tubs and beds!? I’ve THOUGHT about the bed thing…but also thought “how in the hell would I manage to do that?” LOL. You ROCK!
    CONGRATS to your sister and her family. I can’t wait to see the AMAZING things you do with those twins!! I’m expecting insanity and pure awesomeness since they are family and will REALLY let you do whatever you want with them 😉

20. Brandy says:

Congrats Aunt Carrie!
    That last one took my breathe away!

21. amy b. says:

Carrie – It is seriously amazing to see all of these images in one spot. By far the coolest maternity photos ever! You set the bar high and nail it with ease. You are a true artist friend.

Donna and Blaise –
    I can’t say that I have ever been more excited for babies to arrive!! (sssshhhh..Don’t tell my sister) I am excited to watch them grow and become cool little people like everyone else in your family. Happy anniversary and hold on to your hats it’s about to get crazy awesome round these parts.

22. lisa jordan says:

OMG! love the underwater one, they are all gorgeous!

23. Jenny Lee says:

Congrats Carrie on being an Auntie! And congrats to your sister too – what a trooper she is. She is such a great model for you. I can’t wait to see the newborn twins and your photos of them, of course.

24. Breanne says:

Congratulations!!! To you and the parents and the lil babes! How exciting… that water shot… WOW!

25. These are absolutely stunning! Congratulations on your new niece and nephew!

26. WOW! This is truly amazing! I am so glad you can be right there to capture all these beautiful shots so we can watch these angels grow. Donna is glowing! Thanks for sharing!

27. Danna says:

wow she is so beautiful and radiant!! Can’t wait to see the images of the little ones. Wishing Ian a quick visit in nicu so he can get home soon.

28. Pat Nye says:

Little Donna,
    As I’ve always told you you were the most beautiful baby I had ever seen (much to Shauna and Loni dismay!). It is no surprise to me what a beautiful, radiant mother-to-be you’d be! And, how wonderful to have such a talented sister in Carrie to help “capture” it all. I’m completely in “ahh” of you both!

Happy Anniversary to you both…..AND CONGRATULATIONS!

Lots and Lots of Love, Pat

29. Pat Nye says:

Darling Carrie,

Thank you for all you are and do. My heart sings with pride in just knowing you!

Love, Pat

30. goodness gracious – 1st off congratulations Aunt Carrie. What can’t you photograph? Your sister looks amazing and what a cool underwater shot. Can not wait to meet the babies.

31. Uncle Tim says:

Awesome pics Carrie! Donna looks beautiful as always! Can’t wait to see the pics of the new babies! I’m sure your pics will be awsome, just like Abby’s were!

Love, Tim

32. Alpana says:

congrats! stunning images as usual. wow, she was quite the trooper being being on the edge of that rock and the underwater one is so cool.

33. Rashawn says:

BREATHTAKING!…………………A big fan of your work.
    Special Prayers to – your niece and nephew.

34. gia says:

Carrie… These are amazing! How lucky that she has YOU for a sister! So, Ok, where are the pics of the famous twins? I’m dyin’!

35. Guy says:

Congratulations Donna & Blaise! Those are incedible pics, Carrie. They are amazing, as always– but these might be my favorites of all-time. Hope to see everyone soon, love Guy & Heather.

36. Anna-Karin says:

These photographs are fantastic!
    The ones of her in the water with the sunrays showing is so beautiful. I bet you had fun creating that, I am guessing you got your self an under water housing for your camera.
    It is always inspiring to see what you come up with.

37. Melanie Williams says:

I love the underwater one! Carrie you are truly gifted, I’m so proud of you and our family! LOL Mel

38. words don’t describe how awesome those photos are! You are a true inspiration!