San Diego baby photographer

Wow, I’ve been loving color lately! And I am so happy that my clients are requesting the hanging shots… I was always too nervous to ask to try it out. Meet sweet Elina, 8 days old. She is my second to last newborn scheduled for 2008. My last is this weekend… in Hawaii!

I have put together a slideshow of all my 2008 babies. If you have a minute (or two or three), have a look:

THE BABIES of 2008 | SLIDESHOW  © carrie sandoval

20 Responses to “Elina. And all the 2008 babies | Newborn baby photography”

1. john waire says:

awesome slideshow carrie. you rock!

2. Carrie,

WOW! Beautiful work! I am a relatively new photographer in the Atlanta area. Your work so inspires me!

I am currently researching lighting. What do you currently use? I would greatly appreciate any helpful information.

Keep up the great work!

Warmest Regards,

Suellen

3. Carrie says:

Thank you both!
    Suellen, I use all natural light – either in clients home or in my studio, which is a set of 8′ tall, south facing, glass doors.

4. Angie Kalthoff says:

Carrie- that slideshow is stunning. You are so so very talented!! I could stare at your work all day.
    Angie

5. Michele says:

Amazing, inspiring, beautiful. Wish I could be like you.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Michele

6. ashleyb says:

your work is so lovely! I am mostly a wedding shooter, but recently had the opportunity to shoot a newborn… who fussed and screamed the whole time. It made me appreciate your peaceful images even more 🙂

7. Dena says:

Stunning. My favorite bit of Elina’s photograph is the texture of the branch and the background mingled with the super softness of the subject.

8. Kris Leigh says:

Wow Carrie! You are such an inspiration! absolutely beautiful and I can definitely see why your loving colour at the moment, this shot is STUNNING! 🙂

9. val ayres says:

carrie,

congratulations on 08′ babies. your work simply gorgeous.

val

10. heidi says:

oh my word, you’re talent is soooo inspiring! i want to be your talent. i love all the rustic backgrounds with the soft babies, so sweet. thanks for posting your year of babies.

11. Michelle Bolton says:

Carrie, God has blessed you with so much talent in caputuring such awesome photos of his little ones. I’m a photographer and have been for 35 years. I do a lot of travel photography (with 35mm) and photo interiors of the homes my husband builds. Photographing these innocent little babies has to be so much fun. Just curious, what kind of camera do you use?

Michelle Bolton

12. Carrie says:

Thank you all so much!
    Michelle, I use a Nikon D3 as a primary… and a Nikon D700 with 105mm micro for the close ups! Thanks for the kind words!

13. Philly says:

Seriously Carrie, you are my inspiration! I just had a look at the slide show and it’s just amazing! I really wish I could keep newborns asleep and that’s just in the classic curled position,lol! I’ll just have to keep practicing 🙂

14. Gwen says:

Carrie, I’m always blown away by your work. You are definitely an inspiration. Can’t wait to see what you do in 2009! 🙂

15. Graciete says:

Truly beautiful – an absolute treat for the eyes, heart and soul! And yay on the colour!

16. Jen says:

Carrie…I have followed your work for a long time…these are AMAZING. Newborns are my absolute fav to photograph as well! Would love to know the fabric you are using for the hanging shots as well as the ones of the babes all curled up & wrapped head to toe w/ little limbs & face peeking out…does not appear to be cheesecloth, but something stretchy?? LOVE you work…always!

17. liz says:

you are so very creative!
    so inspiring!

18. Amanda says:

You are one of my all time fav newborn photographers and I get so much inspiration from you. I really want to attempt that hanging shot with a newborn I have coming up. I’d love to also know what type of fabric you are using, how you are tying it and how you wrap the babes to get them so snug. Thanks 🙂

19. Jodie Lagana says:

Carrie, you are an inspiration!

20. Brianna says:

Carrie this is awesome. Did you use a real tree branch and how did you stabilize it? Absolutely beaitiful!