maui hawaii newborn baby photographer

hawaii newborn baby photographer

maui newborn baby photographer

maui hawaiian newborn baby photographer

Meet little Kapono and his big sister, Kamoana. He lives in Maui and is all of 3, 4 and 5 days old in the pictures above. He is the newest member of an incredibly beautiful and kind family. I am completely honored that I got to spend his first few days with him and his family. We had so much fun! © carrie sandoval | maui, hawaii

27 Responses to “Keiki. Pēpē. Kama. That’s Hawaiian for Baby | Newborn photographer”

1. Kelli P says:

Oh my! Absolutely stunning ~ the baby, the location and your images! LOVE them all!

2. Kayleen T. says:

These are SOO beautiful! I love all of them especially #3. I wish I was in Hawaii right now and not the snow here in Utah. Great Work! I love it!

3. Kris Leigh says:

W.O.W Carrie! You can’t get any more perfect that this little one! Absolutely beautiful! Wishing you a wonderful 2009! 🙂

4. Johanna says:

UHHHHH LOVE those!! So worth the Trip to Hawaii huh!! Breathtaking as usual!

5. marie says:

I am dying over these….the daddy shot…sigh

6. Wendy says:

Carrie!! I can’t stop staring at the pics…we love love love them so much & can’t wait to see the rest! You are amazing!! Thank you again! Kamoana sends hugs & kisses to you & Britt : )

7. april says:

just wondering where you got that beautiful bowl that looks like an empty nut shell.

8. Lisa says:

And what a sweet keiki kane he is! Love them all. The location in #3 is tdf- you have such a knack for finding just the perfect spot. The photo with daddy is perfection, and who could resist big sis with her impish looks? Thank you for sharing these 🙂

9. Melanie A says:

Absolutely gorgeous, Carrie. Breathtaking. Such a beautiful location and such great captures.

10. WOW. gorgeous… baby – family – location – what a session!

11. Jessie says:

What a great opportunity! Love the outside images and the last sibling one as well. Happy Holidays!

12. Renee says:

OMG how stunningly beautiful! The 3rd being my favorite!

13. Jeanette says:

That second photo is incredible!! Really beautiful!

14. noelle says:

that father baby photo is breath taking, they both look beyon happy, its gorgeous!

15. Nancy Hong says:

Gorgeous photos as usual. What a great place to go to for a photography session.

16. Sharon Quebral says:

Aloha Carrie!

I was so excited when Wendy told me that you guys had so much fun together!!!

Wow! The pictures that your captured are absolutely amazing. I can’t wait to see the rest. I wish I got to meet you when you came… maybe next time you make it back to Maui!

Thanks again for making Wendy’s dream come true!!!!

Take care & Happy New Year!
    Sharon

17. Brittany says:

Those waves in the first one are killer!! I SERIOUSLY can’t pick a favorite, though!!! I love them all!!

18. Carrie says:

Thanks so much everyone! For some reason, my email alerts aren’t coming in, so I didn’t think there were any replies!
    April, the square bowl at the beach is Lisa’s ( http://www.windwardskies.com/ ), who so graciously brought us a suitcase full of props. The smaller one at the stream is mine that I scored off ebay. I’m always looking!

Sharon, thanks so much for hooking Wendy and I up! We had so much fun (despite our luggage getting lost! Thank goodness we carried all camera equipment ON!)

19. heidi says:

you’re so good! i can’t stand it!! and yes, those bowls are so awesome. i keep my eyes peeled for them too. beautiful baby!

20. kathy wolfe says:

take my breath away………………..

21. I am a photographer from Canada, and a friend told me about your work with newborns, you have an amazing eye!
    Cheers

22. Jamie Ibey says:

I will be going to West Africa in about a month to meet my husbands family for the first time. This session has given me the idea to do an artistic baby photo shoot in Africa, incorporating their beautiful scenery and amazing culture as you did so well in Hawaii.

Thanks Carrie for your continued inspiration. I am anxiously awaiting the book you are working on, and I look forward to meeting you in person sometime soon. 🙂

23. […] that’s me.. this is good, right? I am completely honored to have an image of mine grace the cover of the April 2008 issue of Professional Photographer Magazine. The entire issue is […]

24. brandelyn says:

i could die. seriously. have been making my way through blogs this morning ( a little tradition before a shoot) and I haven’t been able to keep my jaw up off the desk. AMAZING. simply. amazing. your baby photography is one of those things we are all trying to emulate but we are all falling wayyy short. but i mean that in the best way possible. kudos!!! and if you have 5 seconds??? Trying to figure out what lens you are using on many of the newborn posts. Your DOF is soooo shallow yet all the fingers and toes are tack sharp… usually I can call it right off the bat but I can’t figure it out.