Professional Photographer magazine cover PPA

Wow… that’s me.. this is good, right? I am completely honored to have an image of mine grace the cover of the April 2009 issue of Professional Photographer Magazine. The entire issue is focused on newborns and babies and there is a nice article about Brittany and I teamed as “Baby as Art“. I am still patienty drumming my fingers for my own issue to come in the mail (talk about April Fools!), but kind friends across the country have let me peek at theirs… and I have “cyber-celebrated over a glass of wine” with my friend in Colorado, Patrina Odette. See below. (Thanks for the laugh, P!)

professional photographer magazine cover

65 Responses to “Professional Photographer Magazine.”

1. dude! rock on! I need to check my mail. hehe!

2. Daniele says:

Yay for you! How exciting….can’t wait to get my copy 🙂

3. Congratulations, Carrie! LOVE the cover and your work! Can’t wait to receive my issue…

4. Jo says:

It is so awesome to see your work in Professional Photographer!! You totally deserve it. While I have never had the pleasure of meeting you, I happened across your blog some time ago and check it regularly. I love, love, love your work with babies. You are an inspiration. Thank you for all you share!

5. Gina says:

Congrats! I recognized the shot as soon as I saw the cover. AWESOME!

6. Elaine says:

Congratulations…well deserved! Completely inspiring photo.

7. rachel says:

that is so great. beautiful shot. i wish i could see a copy!!!!

8. Phil says:

I was telling a co-worker about an amazing picture of a man with his baby on the cover of Professional Photographer Magazine. The guy had dreadlocks and the detail of the picture was truly inspiring. She came to me the next day and said a friend of hers had sent an email to her about the picture at a friends website that had made the cover of a photo magazine. It was the same picture as I had described the day before. You are truly a very gifted artist and an inspiration to us amatuers who are aspiring to take that very special picture. Congratulations on your cover photo. The article in the magazine about you and your co-worker is a great story. Keep up the fantastic work and wishing you continued success. Phil
    p.s. I am a subscriber to Professional Photographer magazine and absolutely love it. Great stuff!

9. Congrats…totally! 🙂 You deserve it!

10. Robin Dini says:

congratulations! that’s an amazing acheivement! 🙂 Well deserved, indeed.

11. Jennifer N says:

I just got my issue in the mail yesterday. I am so excited for you. Congratulations. You are an amazing photographer and totally deserve this cover!

12. Anne Pearson says:

YOU DESERVE MORE THAN THAT for a celebration like this! So wonderful…you completely deserve it. Congratulations…I love your work.

13. temecula says:

Congratulations on the cover! I just about died when I saw it. Your art is so unique and you really have created something special and different. Thanks for paving the way! Your success is every bit deserved.

14. Just got my copy today and had to come onto ILP to search for you, as I was sure I’d heard of you here! Congrats on the cover! Wow! It is a stunning photo.

15. Deanna says:

I loved that issue! Great job!